Sometimes seeing the steps are the best way to understand the process. Google has updated their API Console many times since first releasing it in summer 2016, but we do our best to keep this video as updated as possible. If it doesn’t match what you see in your Console, please feel free to let us know on our contact page.
Create your “Google Places API Web Service” key
In short, what you need is to create a “Project” in the Google Developer Console, then enable both APIs, and create Credentials to use that API key with our plugin.
To get an API key you will need an active Google account, then follow these steps:
1. Visit the Google Places API Web Service landing page. If you are not logged into your Google Account already, you can do so there.
2. Click on the “Get a Key” button in the top-right of the screen.
3. You’ll be presented with a modal which allows you to choose an existing API Project, or create a new one. Do either, then click on “Enable API”.
5. From there you’ll see a screen like this:
7. Then click on the “Enable API” button towards the top of the screen.
Copy Your New Key and Paste in Plugin
1. Click the Credentials link on the left. You’ll see a page like this:
2. Copy the Key to your clipboard.
3. Now back in the plugin paste the Key in to the input field.
If the above method doesn’t work for you then try the steps in this video…..